Currently Positions are available for 2 Locations: Alor (NTT), and Kaimana (Papua Barat)
Job description - General responsibility:
- To deliver part or all of these initiatives in Yayasan program:
- Transfer knowledge to enable implementation of good agricultural practices (GAP) by smallholder farmers in order that farmers can become more productive and more efficient in crop production,
- Support and facilitate farmers in any opportunities that potentially generating additional income and add value through improved qualities and better market linkages
- Promote consumption of vegetables to farmers and their family members
- Collaborate with partners or stakeholders and get more support that farmers need (partners and stakeholders such as PPL, SMK Pertanian, local traders/collectors, NGOs, etc.)
Job and function:
- Plan and implement knowledge transfer (KT) activities in the field. KT field activities include crop demo plots, farmers learning and practice, training of farmers, field days, train the trainers, and train the students).
- Follow KT activities guidelines in ensuring success of every activity.
- Use and apply all available GAP and Knowledge materials such as: crop guides, technical guides, leaflets/brochures, booklet, videos, etc. to facilitate the knowledge transfer process.
- Share farmers’ success story, knowledge materials and KT field activities in Yayasan/KT communication channels or platform, through social media account and other digital channels, and also through off-line distribution to increase farmers outreach.
- Collect data and information by direct observation, farmers interview, focus group discussion (FGD), and through Data Apps according to Yayasan program and project’s needs.
- Submit evidences, document and report of all activities to Yayasan.
- Work with agility under his/her direct supervisor and being comfortable in working daily with minimum supervision in a remote working base.
- Ensure working to comply with all YBTS systems and procedures in place.
Skills and requirement:
- Hold a diploma or bachelor degree in agriculture or related / relevant field.
- Fresh graduate or 1 – 2 years of experience in extension service or knowledge transfer process, farming, economic developmental related field activities, and rural entrepreneurship.
- Experience to conduct farmers training, extension and accompaniment.
- Experience working with teams (internal) and also external partners.
- Communication and documentation skills.
- Computer skills (word, spreadsheet, powerpoint, etc.) and web/internet literacy.
- Languages: Bahasa Indonesia; English is a plus
- Be willing to be assigned in areas/locations of YBTS working areas across Indonesia.
For candidates who are interested, please send your CV and cover letter to: Pak Achmad Pranata at firstname.lastname@example.org between 1-12 March 2021. Please include "Technical Field Officer" in the email subject. Only candidates selected based on the above qualifications will be processed.